Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I am, because we are.







 


"I no doubt deserve my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends."   - Walt Whitman
This is how I'm feeling today - way too overly blessed for my amazing friends. 
Yesterday, I had the opportunity to sit and talk with two amazing, Godly women for a while, and it just really put me at ease. 
Today, I got the chance to hang out with three girls that I pretty much spent all of middle school and a large portion of high school with. We met in youth group, and we literally used to all hang out pretty much every day. But, the longer we went to different schools, and the closer we got to other friends, the more we grew apart. BUT, today was the first time in a long time we were all (well almost all.. minus Taylor :( ...) together, and it was just like old times! Despite everything that's happened since we were really close, we picked up right where we left off. I seriously just feel so blessed. 
Not to keep bragging on my awesome friends, but I also got to eat lunch with my mommy today! And any time with her is always refreshing and fun. :)
To top it all off, I have been able to spend tons of time with my best friend lately. (I say "tons," but I don't even think all day, every day would be enough time for us). My boyfriend, Logan, is such an incredible man and I enjoy every second I spend with him... even when we're arguing. He told me today that he didn't like the idea of me having a blog, because then there wouldn't be anything that only he knows...haha. 
Anyways, I'm just realizing how insignificant I am without the people who surround me. Thank God for friends. 
-HallieMarie

3 comments:

  1. I miss you Hallie! (btw this is Ali, I'm still trying to figure out blogspot and when i comment it shows up as my blog name not my real name, but I'm following you under my real name... hmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallie,

    I am a friend of Lori's. She told me about your blog. I'm a blogger too and talked Lori into starting one.

    I love your heart for orphans and Malawi. My heart is with the orphans too. There is pure religion there, sister, so let your heart be broken for the things that break His heart!

    I am anxious to follow along. I'm adding you to my side bar so I can remember to check in on you! :)

    Nice to "meet" you!

    Ondrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life." -Yamasaki

    ReplyDelete