Friday, February 12, 2010

new day.

"I look into the sky and say 'You're beautiful.'" - Phil Wickham, You're Beautiful

I have had a really really REALLY frustrating night.
I am supposed to be at home in Nashville right now, but I got delayed in the Dallas airport overnight, and I've been in this airport since 8 o'clock last night.  That's almost 12 hours in the same airport.
Plus I've had one of the most challenging academic weeks of my life...
I had four really challenging exams in one week, two in one day. And my motivation was, "Just get through the week! You'll be in Nashville soon."
Not soon enough.
I pretty much broke down in front of every one in the gate, and in front of the Southwest Airlines Agent. Poor thing.. she kept saying, "Are you going to be alright?"

I had to go into the bathroom multiple times just to cry, because I JUST WANT TO BE HOME.
And I kept yelling at God "JUST DO SOMETHING!"
Well... I don't know what He's doing. And I'm a little (...ok... a LOT) frustrated with Him, but I am going to get home. Even if I don't, He is watching out for me, because He loves me.
And, today is a new day. 
Yesterday was a day of frustration and chaos, today is a day of gratefulness and redemption.

Lamentations 3:22-23 
"The faithful love of the Lord never ends! 
His mercies never cease. 
Great is His faithfulness; 
His mercies begin afresh every morning."

I need a new day! I hope that you have fabulous days every day, but if you happen to be normal and you have off days, I hope you find comfort in the fact that God starts fresh with you every. single. morning. of. your. entire. life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment