Monday, February 8, 2010

held.

"Chains be broken
Lives be healed
Eyes be opened
Christ is revealed." 
-Hillsong United

It's so cool that my last post said "Search for peace and work to maintain it," because over this weekend, I was driving along, and an old clunker car drove up beside me and stuck a peace sign out his window. 
So I stuck a peace sign out my sun roof. 
He gave me the thumbs up. 

Earlier last week, I was feeling spiritually dead.
I guess everyone gets that way, but it's especially discouraging when you think your invincible... and then it happens to you. 

Anyways, I've realized... or more like God has told me... that he pursues us, even when we are running away from Him. He is always waiting, always loving us. He never stops. How awesome is that. 
That thought holds so much meaning to me. When I start to get to a low place in my relationship with God, I get discouraged, and then just continue to walk away from Him, rather than turning around right where I am. 

A good friend gave me a good analogy the other day: "If you and God used to be right beside each other, and you have walked away, you don't have to walk back exactly the way that you came. Just walk towards Him, whatever way you can, and you will eventually reach Him." 
I don't know if that holds any meaning to you, but it definitely does to me.
It means a lot to me to know that, even when I don't want to be, and even when I'm unaware of it, I am under the care and protection of an infinitely loving and powerful Dad. 

We are held, praise the Lord. 


3 comments:

  1. This is what it means to be held
    How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
    And you survive
    This is what it is to be loved and to know
    That the promise was when everything fell
    We'd be held
    ~Natalie Grant


    It's true; we serve an indescribably wonderful Lord.
    your posts are wonderfully uplifting, Hallie. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallie, i just want you to know how much I look up to you and so cherish your words. You are a spiritual GIANT and help me and so many others with our spiritual walks. Thank you for being you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love little connections like that...they make days better :)

    I think I will start throwing peace signs out my window. ...er, maybe when it gets warmer outside.

    ReplyDelete