Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"There are two ways of looking when it comes to a window.  I can look at a window.  I can notice the glass, see if there are any streaks or dust particles or bubbles in it.  Or, I can look through a window.  I can view the world beyond it by using it as a opening to the world. Sometimes I look at the Scriptures.  I study its story.  I ask questions.  Thoughts of God's goodness, love, and peace lodge in my mind.  The idea is that I begin also to look at my world through the pictures - through the perspective of God's constant care and presence."

"You have great freedom . . . to allow the Spirit to rewire your mind.  As that happens, the Holy Spirit's goal is not get you really good at suppressing angry behavior.  It is for you to have a mind characterized by an ever-increasing flow of Spirit-guided, truth-based, life-producing thoughts and feelings."


from The Me I Want to Be by John Ortberg

1 comment:

  1. I might have to put that on my reading list for the summer! Have you read Radical by David Platt? It's similar to Crazy Love. I just realized I've been reading a lot of books with cool adjectives for titles!

    ReplyDelete