Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"I can never escape from Your Spirit!
I can never get away from Your presence!
If I go up to heaven, You are there. 
If I go down to the grave, You are there. 
If I ride the wings of the morning, 
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there Your hand will guide me,
and Your strength will support me.
I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night - 
but even in darkness I cannot hide form You.
To You, the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to You."
-Ps. 139:7-12

This is probably the most comforting thing I know of.. that even if I try, I can't escape God.
I seem to be prone to taking on too much.  I try to please everyone, take care of everyone, and I try to convince myself that failure, on my part, is unacceptable. 
But God's Spirit is with me... always.  I don't have to be everywhere.  I don't have to do everything.  God's Spirit is taking care of me.  And when I am afraid, when I'm overwhelmed, when I'm alone, when I'm anxious, God is here.  And He is not frightened by my dark.  In fact, my dark, deep brokenness shine  bright... because, like I said, God is there.  In my brokenness, in my weakness, in my attempts and failures to fix the world, God is there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment