Sunday, July 31, 2011

Just an update.

I know it's been a while.  Blogging hasn't necessarily been my priority lately.  And that's probably a good thing.
Meanwhile, summer in Indiana is glorious.  I've been able to spend a lot of time learning, reading, and a LOT of family time.  I'm so grateful.  Plus I babysit the best kids in the WORLD: Ellie, Charlotte, Hadley, Sam, Josh, Maddie, and Noah.  They're wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Since I'll be heading across the world in the fall, it's been so nice to have some down time.  I'll be ready to put my full energy into seeing the world and learning about culture in the fall.  Hopefully I'll get to blog some then, or at least journal and then transfer to blog later.
This is a big time in my life... I really feel like things are all culminating, building for something good.  I have to continually remind myself that I am filled to be poured.  So I hope to be in a position where I can pour, pour, pour sometime soon.


If anyone reading this has been struggling with feeling pointless, useless, purposeless or empty in their life or their faith, allow me to offer you a bit of advice that has helped me tremendously over the past week or so.  It's simple: thankfulness.  Ann Voskamp, in her book One Thousand Gifts, talks about ingratitude as the first and gateway sin.  Thus thanksgiving is one of the most beautiful, fragrant offerings we can give to God.  It makes our lives full, even when they're not, and it slows down our time so we may enjoy each beautiful, sacred moment.  So I'm learning to live thankful.  Join me, if you'd like.

Hope all is going well for any readers out there in blog limbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment